exams: tuesday 22nd september 2017
Associate Boards of the Royal Schools of Music
If you are working hard to make progress with your music you need some way of recognising your success and reassurance that you are on the right road. This is exactly what music exams offer:
- motivation and inspiration, working from a carefully structured syllabus towards a definite goal
- a measure of personal progress and attainment against internationally recognised benchmarks
- an objective guide to improve your musical skills
- assessment by a respected and independent musician who has been highly trained and is constantly monitored
- performance opportunities and a real sense of achievement
ABRSM exams are available for almost all instruments and voice.
ABRSM exams are graded 1-8 with 8 being the highest.
As a result of this accreditation, students with ABRSM qualifications at Grades 6 to 8 benefit from UCAS (University and Colleges Admission Service) points which can be used as part of a university or college application in the UK.
Click this link to find out more about ABRSM Music Exams